Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Day 84 - 125 Days

Back in July when I was going through a 'slump' - in quotes because not working out and drinking every night is more like an utter fail but 'slump' sound so much nicer - Patrick offered to let me continue on with the PCP for 125 days instead of the standard 90. And I quickly said yes. There was no hemming or hawing and thinking about it, it is the right thing to do for me.

I continue to be disappointed in myself for letting my health catapult down a steep hill. I allowed my emotions to get the better of me (work, followed by having my heart broken followed by two family deaths within five weeks of each other) and neglected to pay attention to the rest of my life. I ended up depressed (duh) (also I have bipolar disorder and so I'm depressed pretty frequently but the aforementioned events helped none of that) and eating at McDonald's because I was tired. And then there was that time I immediately left work and high tailed it to Cold Stone and ordered a sundae the size of my ass which would contribute to the size of my ass. HA HA ohhhhh. Then there was my new found Jack Daniel's habit which came from who knows where but whiskey is delicious. And then I ended up at 250 lbs. Clothes came with not one X but two.

I had to suck in my stomach to get a size 16 on and even then there was a visible line of demarcation on my stomach and a nice pouch that was formed. Basically I looked like sausage casing.

There were other things but I think I've divulged enough and I'm thankful that you cannot see me so I don't have to actually hide under my desk though I feel like it.

I have no clue how much I weigh right now except that it's a hell of a lot less than 250 lbs. What I do know is that an extra 35 days will be good for me and then a half marathon in November. There was something else I was going to say here probably something wistful and hopeful but I can't remember it now.

Anyway 125 days. I'm looking forward to the pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment