Monday, September 14, 2009

Day 76 - TWO WEEKS.

I use travel as an excuse to be bad. To enjoy room service and cocktails and late night BLTs after a long day of meetings. I would be thrilled to be at the airport early in the morning because that was an excuse for a McDonald's breakfast sandwich. Nothing says 'Good morning!' quite like a hashbrown.

The other day I was running late after back to back doctor's appointments and missing breakfast so I decided that my indulgence would be a quarter pounder with cheese. A #2 piping hot with some perfectly salted french fries and a diet coke to wash it all down. I salivated while going through the drive thru and when I finally wrapped my mouth around that deliciousness....well...it left much to be desired.

It was eh. The cheese wasn't even fully melted on. My french fries were fresh but they were still not to my preferred crispness. I felt gypped! I've been eating fucking peas all week and the one time that I can enjoy myself I get sub par fast food. I wonder how I did it for so long when McDonald's wasn't an indulgence but a way of life. I was busy so I'd go to the drive thru. It was Saturday. The Yankees were winning. I had a hangover. And I never thought twice.

In no way do I enjoy counting grams though I've gotten pretty good at eyeballing if I'm away from home. I hate jump ropes. I hate planks. I hate feeling sore. I hate knowing that I can't do anything else until I've worked out. I spend a lot of time cursing Patrick. But at least I take note and I care and I watch.

If I hadn't started watching I'm sure that my full on neglect would have killed me sooner or later. Besides I like that I can take off my pants without unbuttoning or unzipping. It's the little things.

3 comments:

  1. it is the little things. i love how my face looks a little less cherublike. i got to buy skinny jeans and not the usual bootcut. and what's this craving for fruit and veg? and not needing salt and sugar like before? that's cool, too.

    p.s. i cursed patrick on a daily basis ;) but you know, with affection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha, I love this story. I'm surprised the salt didn't get to you more.

    Sometimes I like to visualize all the curses being hurtled at me from all corners of the globe at all times of the day. Bring 'em on! Show me what you got!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha

    I've cursed Patrick plenty of times as well. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete