Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Day 14 - Mad

I brought my stuff to workout. Mat, resistance band thingies, jump rope. Only to be presented with a room that isn't large enough and then a gym meant for people with a wingspan of less than 5 feet.

I went back to my room and cried.

A few sniffles later I realized that I'm glad this happened semi-early on and now I know how to prepare for my next trip. To make sure I find a place to work out. Open space. Anything.

Next week it's Philly. While dripping tears onto my iPhone I mapped out the route to the Whole Foods from my hotel.

That gives me a little bit of hope.

3 comments:

  1. playgrounds and parks are nice if they are around. Maybe the roof of a parking garage? hang tough, heather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Travel is the single toughest part of keeping your plan. Do your best, don't be too hard on yourself, and, as you said, plan plan plan. We're rooting for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've managed to avoid travel so far, but in August I am going to New Hampshire for a few days. That is going to be really tough.

    But hey, don't worry, mistakes are necessary. I know you can do this.

    ReplyDelete