Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Day 8 - Wine counts as a fruit, right?

So, Joe Biden is coming tomorrow. Whee. Who doesn't live Joe Biden? He'd probably be a great grandpa what with the purchasing of cute puppies just because and all.

Because he is arriving and he's the biggest celebrity to come to Upstate NY since...EVER...there was a whole tickets debacle. I'll spare you the boring details and the part where I get slightly annoyed and just go straight to the point where I get really annoyed.

Apparently Joe Biden is like Bruce Springsteen so there was this mile long line and rain and freezing cold temperatures and slow moving people. Once I got to the (almost) front of the line lo, there were no more tickets. Of course not!

I go back to the office and make several rounds of phone calls and find out that tickets had been procured while I was out in the rain with icicles forming on my eyelashes. But no one told me about the tickets while I was in the arctic circle and so I return wet after three hours to a bunch of warm and happy people.

And I missed my perfectly measured lunch.

Irritated would be the word I'm looking for. Sometimes my work stresses me out and so I reward myself - many nights a week - with a glass of wine. But tonight I can't have wine. I can look longingly at the stored bottles - always keep bottles around just in case you have unexpected guests - and then walk away with my glass of milk and a metric ton of cherries.

This is a really long winded way of saying that I need to find a new way to cope with my stress. Something that didn't go through fermentation.

This is going to be harder than I thought.

3 comments:

  1. What's speaking here is not your love of wine, but your habit of drinking it when stressed. As we speak you're laying down new healthy habits to replace the old ones. It can be painful but I promise in a few weeks you won't be feeling the wine tug much at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather,

    You are doing great! This is what the PCP is all about, a little pain and suffering but then you'll be a 100 times better for it. Keep it up and look just a little bit ahead of yourself to those goals you've got - you'll soon be there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beer was the same for me! I loved drinking a cold beer with friends on the porch or at a pub.

    It is still difficult but it has become must easier to pass up the temptation.

    ReplyDelete