Friday, July 24, 2009

Day 24 - So this isn't good

I'm on a 9 day trip from Philly to Chicago and then finally home for two straight months. It hasn't been going as well as I had hoped. It's the total road to hell is paved with good intentions and I had the best of intentions. I brought fruit on the train. I brought chicken and quinoa perfectly proportioned for lunch and then...and then...conferency things happen. I end up snacking and not eating well. But working out counts for something, right? I didn't schlep all of my workout gear through two states to give up. And so I'm not. But I cannot wait to get home and get back to my routine. My body is even rebelling wondering why I'm not doing what I was doing before. Once again I feel like a bit of a failure yet I know that Sunday cannot come soon enough. 

2 comments:

  1. Stay strong Heather, watch out for the mindless snacking. If you're chewing something you should have a reason for it being in your mouth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snacking was something I did so much. I loved eating anytime and anywhere. But, I finally got my act together on the PCP because I didn't want to be in my thirties and have the health of a fifty year old. There is so much to look forward to in our lives. No way am I cutting it short and ending up in a big fat coffin. Com'on, Heather. It's only 66 more days. A drop in the pool of life if you think about it, especially if you get healty at the end. My advice, blog more. When you blog, you're not snacking. That's for sure. I've turned my blog into my own little art/fanboy/self-exploration project so, it keeps me busy.

    ReplyDelete